Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Autel MS409 Saves you money

Autel MS409 Saves you money.
I purchased the MS409 because I was on a long distance trip and my Toyota Tundra engine check light came on. Did not have it on the trip so went online and Tundra owners said common problem was that the fuel cap was not on properly or the oxygen sensor was bad. Tightened the fuel cap many times without success but finally on the way home the engine check light went out but I still didn't know the cause for sure. When I received the scanner I connected and no oxygen sensor error was shown so I know it wasn't that.

Anyway, since then I have used it on several other vehicles including my mother's Honda Odyssey. The Honda dealer wanted her the pay $100+ to diagnose the problem with the engine check light on. Who knows what they would have charged to "fix" the problem. I connected the scanner and it said it was a fuel/evap system leak. I re-tightened the fuel cap and reset the engine check light using the scanner and everything is fine.

With all the money it saved me and my family so far it is one of the best purchases I made. I purchased this model because the explanation of the trouble codes is right on the display and you don't have to look in a code book. Worth paying the extra money as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment: