Friday, June 22, 2012

Autel MaxiScan MS409 An excellent buy.

Autel MaxiScan MS409 An excellent buy.
The Autel MaxiScan was a present for my son. He says I did a good choice because it help him in his everyday car diagnosis.

Autel MaxiScan MS409 Good for the Money.
.... as far as I know...... it's the first OBD scanner I've ever had but it definitely takes care of the basics. The main problem you will find that people here complain about is that it is delivered scrambled and needs to be updated, well, that happened here too, did some research that day and found the updates, if I remember correctly the top two on the list are the correct ones, after you update it will actually work just like it's suppose to... I have to say, I came very close to returning this, it whizzed me off that I had to take a day to research this product to get it to work, anyway, here is the update link. 

1 comment:

  1. For the price it did everything I thought it would. Took a little while to figure how to update the database and finally had to call customer support. The memory card shipped with it was 4 gig and it is not big enough to fit all the updates on it. Had to buy a larger memory card to fit the updates on it. No battery in the unit but powers up fine when plugged into the car. It reads more codes and modules than any hand held scanner I've had. The software is little cluncky but does work fine. I wish it had autel md802 update scaling on the graph functions, they are auto scale and are a little annoying trying to watch the graphs while the scale is changing all the time. There may be a way to change it to manual scale but I don't know how. Some of the things I have used it for so far - 1) troubleshoot the transmission on my daughters 2000 mazda 626, recorded the gear requested and actuall gear. 2) troubleshoot autel maxidas ds708 a bad wire on the Mass Air flow sensor on my friends Ford 500, recorded the MAF while driving. 3) Troubleshoot the air doors on my 2004 tahoe, three times. 4) Troubleshoot the automatic transfer case on the tahoe. 5) checked codes on 2006 impala SS. 6) Found the burned out light on a Dodge Ram pickup (Dodge has a message on the dash that tells the driver a light is out, doesn't say which one but the scanner does tell which one).

    ReplyDelete