Thursday, April 5, 2012

Autel MaxiScan MS409

I received the MS409 OBDII scanner a few days ago, and finally used it today. It worked perfectly on my Honda CRV. It read the onboard codes as expected, and cleared the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and MIL(Malfunction Indicator Light=engine check light) exactly as I had hoped. Now I can go get the car tested. I am pleased.
To-do items: Although I would classify myself as technically competent, I read and re-read the manual. Installed the included software and reviewed it. Check with "auteltech.com" for any updates. Mine needed no updates. After connecting the tool to the vehicle, review the various screens multiple times to familiarize yourself with them. This effort is "TIME WELL SPENT".
Additionally, review the emissions section(s) of your vehicle owners manual. There should be detailed instructions on resetting DTC codes and resetting the vehicles readiness codes. This is touched on in the scanner manual, but not to the same degree as the vehicle manual.
This turned out to be a cost-effective purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment